Pamper your family by bringing them good health. Let them live each day, healthily with quality sleep every night.
With Raycop, you can rest assured there are sweet dreams for your beloved ones.
Roughly 4 out of 5 in local home have detectable levels of dust mites as well as other allergens, bacteria and viruses. Dust mites and their waste products are one of the most common causes of year-round allergies and asthma. They flourish in the warm, humid temperatures of homes and feed on the tiny flakes of human skin that people normally shed each day. These flakes of skin work their way deep into the inner layers of furniture, bedding, and even into stuffed toys — places where mites thrive.
Dust mites are a major trigger for asthma symptoms. Asthma is the most common chronic disease among children. Globally, close to 300 million people suffer from asthma, and this figure is expected to rise by another 100 million by the year 2025. Locally, the estimated prevalence of asthma in Malaysia is 4.2%. Among children up to 14 years old, the estimated prevalence is observed to be 4.5%, and among adults aged 15 years and above, it is 4.1%. Asthma symptoms in young children can be more extreme than in adults. Infants and toddlers have much smaller airways than older children and adults. Their airways are so small that even minor swelling and tightening of airways or increased amounts of mucus can block the flow of air making breathing extremely difficult. Children are at a higher risk for asthma if they are born prematurely, if they have eczema or have family history of allergies and asthma. Limiting exposure to dust mites can help delay or prevent allergies in asthma in children.
* Improving asthma control - Health
Dust Mite PM2.5 Smoke Particles Bacteria Pollen Dander
REDUCING DUST MITES AND OTHER ALLERGENS IN YOUR HOME
Due to their tiny size and translucent bodies, dust mites can’t be seen with the naked eye. Reducing allergens in your home is a multi-step process and requires long-term, routine care.
- Mattresses and pillows have the highest concentration of dust mites and their allergenic waste. Use RAYCOP allergen vacuums thoroughly on your mattress, preferably both sides, and pillows.
- Encase your mattress and pillows in allergen covers after cleaning. Routinely use RAYCOP over these covers, as dust mites can live on the surface.
- Wash bed linens at least once a week in hot water to kill dust mites.
- Use RAYCOP on upholstered furniture and other fabrics throughout your home that are difficult to wash, such as curtains, throw pillows, and large comforters.
- Control indoor temperature and humidity. Dust mites and mold like heat and humidity. Maintain a temperature between 68˚F (20˚C) and 72˚F (22˚C) and a humidity level under 50% to help reduce their growth.
- Removing carpet from your home can reduce the amount of dust mites and their allergenic waste. Hardwood or tile floors with area rugs are easier to keep clean. Using a vacuum with a HEPA filter on your floors will keep dust from exhausting back into the air and resettling on surfaces.
Need additional support? CLICK ME.